Monday, September 27, 2010

Great Grandma Durfey

This is my Great Grandma Durfey.. Letha. What an amazing woman! look at that smile :)

Grandma passed a week ago in her house at 91 and 1/2 years old. I was able to go over to see her the day before she passed and be one of only 3 ppl at the house at the time. I probably got about 45 minutes alone with her to comb her hair, hold her hand, tell her I loved her and kiss her goodbye for now. I was sitting here just holding her hand when I told her that I loved her and how much she meant to me when she gave me a smile and held my hand a little tighter.. I couldn't help but let the tears come. I love this woman with all my heart!

I am 1 out of 124 Great Grandchildren... and I felt like I was one of her favorites :) along with everyone else in the family.

I am grateful for the times that I went over to her house for lunch and sat and talked with her for hours about her childhood, meeting grandpa and her talking to me about my life. This lady had the best memory of anyone I have ever known! She could remember everything that I told her about my life and ask me about it the next time I saw her. I will never forget her famous homemade chocolate chip cookies, hugs, kisses, talks, contageous smile and love that she had for everyone.

I know that Heavenly Father puts us in our families for a reason. I also believe that he put me in the spot of this family for a reason too. I am grateful to be able to have this amazing lady in my life for 20 years. She was 100% devoted to this gospel and her family. I will miss her! I know that there is a great reunion going on in Heaven right now :)

FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment